Saturday, August 7, 2010

ineedagrammarlesson

Lately, Ive been growing quite fond of cuteness. For the case of this blog entry I'll narrow the scope to technology and when it is no longer so cool. Specifically when technology loses the cutting edge and people use it for unintended purposes that are just precious. I can only think of two examples one far less adorable than the other. Now that I reconsider it, the latter example is more annoying but in a rather cute way. Actually, rethinking this thing in its entirety both are sort of annoying at times in their own way but also fascinating and cute. fuck.
My mother sets a scheduled text every night to tell her children goodnight usually at 9:09pm for some reason. Sometimes a rhyme is used and other times it is kept rather simple but the sentiment is always the as same which is s comforting as being tucked in and kissed on the forehead as you're falling asleep.
The other is how parents utilize facebook as another parenting tool or way to relate to their children. Like parents wishing you a heartfelt happy birthday amidst the pages of mandatory HAPPYBIRTHDAY posts by e-friends merely reacting to their facebook updates.
There are better examples and there are worse ones. Suppose I have been appreciating the merger of genuineness and soulless devices. Parents/older folk are the first to not give a fuck enough to let true feelings fly through the airwaves or maybe they just arent keen on the fact that its not cool eitherway its pretty fucking cute.

1 comment: