There are two hilariously unique experiences I get to have semi-regularly whilst touring with this band. I am treated like complete stranger with awkward avoidance and indifference, rarely does this happen but being treated as a pariah is being treated like a pariah, so when it happens I take notice. The four other gentlemen I am touring with, who perform, will get a nightly hug when I am met with the offer of an awkward handshake. There are other instances of this but that is the example from today.
The second experience I will draw upon is also from today. I am approached by someone familiar with the band but not entirely familiar because I will be treated as if I am someone who performs in the group. It is strange how much more cordial and interested people are when they believe you perform for thirty minutes nightly as opposed to peddle fruit of the loom heavyweights all night. The guy who approached me today had played a few shows with the group I am touring with on a previous tour also, which added to the hilarity a bit. I do not entirely blame him because maybe he thought I was added or swapped out for another member but the experience was still a great one. I tried to rope a performer into the conversation as Tom stared at me intently awaiting my response. He never specifically asked anything pertaining to performing but it was obvious he was under the impression that I was a performer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment