There are certain rules in the in the restroom, at least in the men's restroom in my experience. You don't saddle up right next to a man if not necessary. Don't really speak to others unless at the mirror. You don't whistle while you work, no matter what those little dwarfs may have led us to believe. I suppose this list is primarily things you ought not do but for no good reason. You don't hold the door open for the next person or the person coming in after you. The exception to civility though is when you do get up close to some porcelain you can let whatever fly you want: flatulence, moans, groans, wathever.
Brett and I used to do experiments in absurdly obnoxious whistling while we 'worked.' I want to take it to the solo stage though and give myself a real good hard look in the mirror before I depart. There is seemingly no room for vanity in the men's room, at least in most men's rooms. but I hope to do my part to reclaim some of the lost art of fixing my hair.
Oh, besides the library bathroom. Everything goes in the library bathroom. I've seen many a men take full on baths there. It's a beautiful place where you leave everything you thought you knew about public bathrooms at the door. For example: there is a camera in there, yeah I dont know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This post was gross. But, I do agree with you about library bathrooms. There is hardly ever anyone in the girls. It's basically a private experience with twenty empty stalls. This is weird because at Barnes and Noble I can't get a break at all. I sometimes get stage fright and have to wait till everyone leaves.. but bookstore bathrooms are so busy it's almost impossible. The Library, not so. hmm...
ReplyDeletemaybe the cameras have scared everyone off.
ReplyDelete