This morning I woke up, conjuring just enough energy to sit up in bed and crawl to the foot of the bed and push play on the computer, starting an episode of 30 rock. I mustered up the strength to do this 2 more times, each 21 minutes or so apart. Then I dusted the sleep out of my eyes and went to the kitchen to catch up on some dishes from the night before.
I climbed into some clothes to armor me from the elements for my walk to the North side of town where I met up with Kim at Oasis, after I traipsed through a University building foraging for home supplies namely garbage bags. At Oasis Kim and I were waited on by the biggest and possibly best smile in Iowa City: Joe Ross.
After we'd fully packed our stomachs with Mediterranean sustenance, Kim and I parted ways; she headed North and I South.
I ended up at the public library inside of a study room with my bare-feet folded beneath me at a big table with a stack of cookbooks aside me. I transcribed a few recipes to my own notes, trying not to take notice of the discomfort that the quantity of falafel I'd consumed earlier was causing my stomach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment