Sunday, February 13, 2011
I got separated from the lucky 5 yen piece yesterday. The piece of leather I had used to fasten it to my wrist finally gave. I set the coin on the counter so it would not get tangled up with the spare cents I keep in my pocket and then the computer I use got some malicious spyware. The spyware tried to sell me a quick cureall, which i suspect is the culprit behind the spyware in the first place, but I opted to look for a remedy on my phone instead. I quickly put the coin into my pocket to hopefully help my luck replenish. Some of the bad luck persisted though, as I lost the coin and the house key, which I had put on the same ring, earlier today while dumpster diving the local mennonite thrift store& recycling center/biking around town. The front door was locked when I returned to the apartment with two bags full of trash bounty with no one to let me in. My roommate is in Italy so I had to retrace my pedal rotations to see where the key/coin pair had gotten loose and left my side. I must have retained some luck from before because I found them sitting nicely on top of the snow next to the dumpster of metal scraps instead of them being sunk amongst the mesh work of coat hangers, christmas tins and ironing boards that that dumpster is filled with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
let's talk more about there being spyware on the computer you use SEAN...
ReplyDelete