Thursday, March 26, 2009

arte pedo

Everyday, more or less, I get a ride to school with my homestay father. He works at the University and business starts around the same time as my class. Normally we slip in the rear of the Uni, park and walk in together. There are some days where I choose to walk or I walk back to the Uni in middle day after comida. I get my ID checked at the gate routinely by this red headed security guard who appears as if he wears white eyeliner. He doesn{t check the people behind me or in front of me for their IDs but he always checks mine. Without fail, I never appear to be a student. Whether my hair is up or down, my chest out or just a t shirt. I can{t sneak by that man.


Thi past weekend we went to to the Frida Kahlo Museum and to Diego Rivera's museum also. The Frida Museum was more or less as I had imagined it. She did not regret or resent Diego even if he were physically unfaithful. Her art was visually enticing, none of her well known shit was there though for it had all been shipped and sold off years ago. The Diego museum was a bit misleading. Our fearless USAC leader, who wear a Canadian tuxedo (all denim) for this outing, had misinformed us. He told us it was where Diego lived after Frida died. Low and behold he failed us yet again, it was nothing of the sort. It was a museum Diego built to house his evergrowing collection of prehispanic art. Diego funneled most of the money he got from selling his art into buying new art, he and Frida had quite the collection of all sorts of things at the blue house. The museum was fun and as we left I was informed of a devious plot to explode a confetti egg on the head of none other than MARIAH HORRIGAN! (facebook her). I giggled because her hair is a birdnest and figured it'd be entertain.

BUT I was the patsy in this ploy and recieved the first egg right on my noggin.

2 comments:

  1. your mexican father son relationship baffles me. How can you not be terrified of each other?
    I guess I'm just scared of adults in general so I will never understand... (even though I slowly become older than or the same age as most adults I am still scared of all of them)

    ReplyDelete