Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My pelvis hurts.

The friend I went on the weekend with is named Fionna. She is probably the only thing keeping me remotely sane here. The intercambios are a batch of people unlike any I would normally even chat with. They are a special breed. Fionna is an Iowan and I feel that has a lot to do with it. The internet will see her once I can coerce her into bringing her memory card to school so I can upload her pictures from this weekend. I am sure she will bring it whenever it is convenient for her. convenience convenience.

This morning I was laying in bed trying to remember my dream and I realized that my spanish sucks. I am going to attempt to butcher the language more openly. I feel that a spanish speaking friend would be helpful in this regard. Recently I came to the conclusion that my family only took me in because I searched them out. It makes sense that normally they have intercambios when their kids are here. Now their children are abroad and I am simply living with a middle aged couple.

I have planned and booked most of my semana santa (spring break) trip to chiapis with a girl. She can talk endlessly about most topics. I am not sure how this is going to work out, to be honest. I think it will be a good chance for me to grow by overcoming the fact that at times she annoys me. Our worldviews are also quite different making everyday conversation difficult because we don{t really understand where the other is coming from. She is grateful that her family has paid for her to see more of the world by 20 then her father has ever seen. Im glad my parents fed me and encouraged me to have a paper route. There are better examples that Ill riff on later.

No comments:

Post a Comment