Friday, May 8, 2009

Go comatose for me

Brett, in the post card I wrote you I came to the conclusion that we can discuss at length what it means to be a young man in the United States with a BA today and between the four of us we should get some answers.

Im at an internet kiosk at the Dallas Fortworth airport. It is free for 20 minutes as long as I went to one of 3 advertisements in the beginning. I also think they send me a pop up every 5 minutes but Im used to that since I always get viruses.

My flights have been spread apart so I have about an hour and a half wait between each. The flights haven't been long but the whole process is tedious, I'll walk you through it.

Arrive at airport. Go through swine flu station. Get luggage weighed. Checkin. Pay to get extra luggage checked. Wait for an hour. Board plane. Put luggage under seat in front of you. Turn off ipod for 20 minutes. Get a free juice. Sleep for an hour. Turn off Ipod for another 20 minutes. Stand up and wait for everyone to get their overhead luggage. Leave plane and try to find next gate. Repeat.

I was randomly chosen for extra security in Houston. Traveling alone has one huge draw back. I can not rest assured that someone will wake me for my next flight. So time in the terminal is spent sitting and staring.

I feel like lots of things in my life have prepared me for this round robin of follow directions and seat still doing nothing.

1 comment:

  1. how's the dallas/ft. worth airport? i'll be there in a few days.

    ReplyDelete