Thursday, April 2, 2009

can i justify a $200 rain coat

I can't explain it well, but everytime in recent memory that I have spent around 10 days or more in a big city I begin to feel isolated. There is something about so many people moving around you in all directions that creates a feeling of insignificance. I am not sure how to explain it clearly because I have never really taken notice to others comings and goings in towns of a lesser population. I don't feel that I need to have large groups of people acknowledge my existence in whatever location I am occupying. Perhaps, it has to do with the attitude of cities or the impersonal nature of towers. What I am getting at is that I have had a hint of that sentiment here.

Another thing to note, I feel incredibly competent with the english language. I can speak in such heavy slang with modified tones that a native speaker would understand my meaning but I believe I can completely lose a non native speaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment